Friday, October 12, 2007

The Artistic Journal

If this blog is going to replace my Y360 blog it needs to do the things I have learned how to do there over a period of 10 months. I realized how very much I had developed as a blogger especially photo blogger when trying to copy out all my blogs (some 250).

I have come to really enjoy blogging about my art, the mountain where I live and artistic techniques as well as my political points of view. A journal of my life is in part pictorial because I am an artists, a photographer and a great lover of the land I live in.

My daily life is about images and I communicate to a large extent visually. I also dearly love words ergo blogging and freelance writing. My ideal job would be as a photo journalist. Maybe in my next life time.

This image is called Mystic Passage and it is just one of my many interpretations of the fantastic sandstone formations to be found on the Colorado Plateau. Every artist probably has a painting they would rather not sell. This is my current favorite. But they say if you hod on to a painting then you do not advance beyond it. But I want to hold on to it for just a little. Maybe until my next favorite painting. Usually just have one at a time.

This painting is as much a marker of where I am in my life as my words are. So this blog will feature visual milestones as well as verbal opinions.


All work on blog is the property of J. Binford-Bell dba as Lunacy Limited LLC and subject to copyright protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment