Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Special Place

Whether you Multiply, BlogSpot, 360 or Xanga you understand what it means to have a safe space to unburden yourself, express yourself, vent, whine, crow, or just post silly stuff.

We are all very different people and we are not likely to find everything we want at the same spot in Blog land. Yes we all met on Y!360. Some just stumbled into there, some deliberately came, some got forced there by family and friends. We have all been more or less happy, sought our own comfort level. And now change is being forced upon us or at least it seems as if it has been forced upon us.

I wrote the following poem before all this hubbub. I wrote it after I opened my Blogger site. I wrote it after I realized that Mash was about as far from what I wanted as FaceBook.

Blogging in view of others is a bit foreign for me even after a year.I used to fill hand bound journals year after year. I have boxes of them. Want to know what my thoughts were in 1965. Give me a moment and I can find that for you.

My Special Place

A new blog
Spot
Built on lessons
Learned
From before

And yet
Strange
Seemingly empty
Like the pages
Of a journal
But somehow
Welcoming

After working
So hard
To fill friends
List
Find
Blogs to visit

Then knowing
It wasn't
My aim
I wanted
This emptiness

Weeks
Of blogs
Without comment
Knowing
It is for me
I blog

This
Special
Empty place
A depository
For my
Thoughts

September 2007

And on a lighter note this little poem written from my cubicle at the fair.

The Borg

Don't look now
The Borg have arrived
People everywhere
With Bionic
Ear implants

Battery chargers
On their waists
BlackBerry command center
Permanently attached
To their hands
Borgs
Coming and Going
Communicating to
The hive
Tuned out
Dialed in
Not here

Outer space
Ether nerds
Who wants to be
So connected
To the mother ship
Beam me up

October 2007

Hope you are all where you want to be. And remember to always give yourself permission to change your mind. But don't let anyone change it for you. I just bought the most beautiful, totally empty journal to write poetry in.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same as you do about this site being good for a "Blog".

    I'll decide later, which one I'll use as a "Social Site". They are also fun. I just think I'd enjoy them more, if they're seperate?!

    Wish I'd kept journals all those years! Would find it quite interesting to reread my "view" of things back then. (heeh)

    hugs...

    ReplyDelete