Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Take me away


Take me away

Talk to me of islands
Never, never lands
Far away
In impossibly calm seas

Talk to me of islands
Transport me away
At least for these few moments
Take me there
Take me away from the realities
That consume my joy

Draw for me pictures
Of untold wonderlands
Spin for me fantastic tales
Of adventures yet to be take
Make my heart light
Point me toward a future
Far from the mire of my today

Talk to me of sailing ships
And isolated sandy beaches
Read to me of mythical triumphs
Help me to believe
For at least this moment
This can be escaped.

Let me float
Above the toils of the world
To islands I wish to see
Help me feel the waves
Gently rock the boat

Talk to me of islands
And free me from the land
In which I am locked.


Jacqui Binford-Bell November 2007

1 comment:

  1. I love islands, real islands or secret islands where no one else travels. I also love lighthouses and boats, of all kinds.

    ReplyDelete