Sunday, November 18, 2007

Let there be light



The Light

Where it was once
Dark
It is now
Light
I can by simply throwing
a switch
Illuminate the night

How wonderful it would be
If
With just one
Word
We could chase darkness
From the soul
Bring hope
To the hopeless
A solution
to our woes

Fill the dark
with stars

(c) Jacqui Binford-Bell 11/2007

Progress continues, though somewhat slowly, on the studio. The exterior, except for the future deck, is done. Now I am ready to work on finishing the interior when I am closed in because of the weather.

4 comments:

  1. Very nicely chosen words, Jacqui. As you see Art Sunday can be everywhere, I've posted on Multiply too but asked Steph to host, next week someone else will do it. This way I can have time for Art Sundays on Blogger and Wordpress too, you will keep it alive in 360 and it's easy to have all the sites linked. Have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poem of aspiration & illumination--I enjoy it. It radiates. Hope all is well now that you can scare the big cats away. p.s. I love to shoot the camera right into the sun, love the results, too. I need all the light I can get. lol. Thanks for sharing some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that you got the electrics fixed :)

    I love the idea that we could simply throw a switch and solve all our woes.. and worlds wows!! And fill the dark with Stars... I LOVE this poem.. truely I do..


    (It reminds me of another favourite of mine by e.e. cummings.. from 'I carry your heart.. although its a love poem the line...

    (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
    and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
    higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
    and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

    .. just blows my mind too.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love e.e.cummings. Thanks for sharing that snippet of his poem. And thank you for visiting. And the great comment.

    ReplyDelete