Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A day at the baths


A day at the baths

Whisper
Quiet zone
Do not Disturb
the rocks
the Water
the others there
to soak

Whisper
quietly of joys
and sorrows
Listen
to the breeze in the cottonwoods
the cascade of water
rising through rocks
Drink
from the springs
absorb the healing minerals
the gentle autumn sun

Whisper
the trees
the water
the bubbles rising
from the pebbles in the bottom
Quiet conversations
while soaking
in the iron
arsenic
soda
And lithium
Everyone blissed
and blessed
and bathed
after a day at the baths

J. Binford-Bell, November 2007

3 comments:

  1. very nice poem... I like it. :)
    Sorry I haven't been around much and still got to set this new computer, might take a little while I'm as fast as a snail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm lovely - and a lovely photo as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think as women we often get so tied up in care-taking of others or just plain doing that we don't take care of ourselves. We do need to stop now and then and do what we need to re-energize and de-stress so that we can carry on.

    A day at the mineral baths definitely does it for me.

    The photo came from the brochure of Ojo Caliente Spa. I really did not want to have to manage my camera with all that water.

    ReplyDelete