Friday, November 30, 2007

All the Paintings


All the Paintings
Once inside my head
Prettily conceived
Executed
And refined
Posed around
The studio with care

All the unfinished paintings
Final touches added
Signatures affixed
Photos taken
Frames assigned
Names given
Prices determined

All the paintings
Adorning the walls
Which to take
Which am I too attached to
Not that sure I want to show

All the boxes stacked up
Awaiting my choices
The colorful array
So soon hidden away
Leaving
Bare walls
And empty hooks
Attesting
To all the pretty paintings
Once there.

(c) Jacqui Binford-Bell 2007

The above painting in In Memorial and depicts the New Mexico Vietnam Memorial looking over the Moreno Valley. It is just one of the many paintings I will be displaying at a local fair this weekend. All in hopes that few return home with me to go back on those bare walls.

1 comment:

  1. I love this painting. It caught my eye even in the display above. :)

    Wonderful poem as well thank you for sharing it with us and I hope your wall are bare tonight as you sold sooo many paintings you had nothing to bring back :)

    Take care
    Diana

    ReplyDelete