Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Of writing poety

Commitment

Four months
Of words upon these white pages
Not yet half through
This book
Of bound pages

And yet today
I purchased a new journal
For jotting the random thought
For my poems
To give me no excuse
To cease
This penning of Poetry

And yet
On this eve of a new year
I am reminded
There are no sure
Tomorrows
No bound pages
Of as yet empty days
We are sure to fill
Just hopefully
We look ahead
At the space
To be written upon
And hope
It is all poetry

(c) Jacqui Binford-Bell 2007

Wishing everyone a year full of poetry and pages to be filled with memorable activities.

3 comments:

  1. Jacqui,
    I like this other blog of yours. Will read more soon. You are both a fine artist and a poet...now you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your visit and your compliment. I will have to visit your site too.

    Come back often

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful contemplative expression .. I agree .. you are a poet! I have a lot to catch up on in here.

    ReplyDelete