Wednesday, August 20, 2008

That's It I'm Out of Here

"In a sharp turnaround, Republican John McCain has opened a 5-point lead on Democrat Barack Obama in the U.S. presidential race and is seen as a stronger manager of the economy, according to a Reuters/Zogby poll released on Wednesday."

I currently see absolutely no reason to identify myself as a citizen of the United States. There is nothing about the current political situation that I can in anyway embrace or identify with. And because of "swift boat" politics it seems that we are in for eight more years of the same thing. My goal is to now do all the necessary upgrades on my house so if and when the housing market turns around I can put it on the market and make plans to out-migrate to another country. Canada is making it very difficult because there are too many of us that want to go there. My pick would be Italy but the dollar is not doing very good against the Euro.

I will do all in my power to get Obama elected but failing that I am out of here. I think I find it hardest to see myself as a citizen of this country when they express the desire to vote for someone that is going to give us just more of the same thing. Who are these people? How can they think four more years of Bush politics will do us any good?

Every woman that votes for McCain ought to get her head examined. She is clearly a Stepford wife to some man telling her how to vote. He wants to turn us into baby machines. Or Barbie Dolls to stand beside our men. If you doubt that you merely have to look at his pick for a wife. And he believes life begins at conception. Does anyone get that that statement is not just pro life but anti contraception. The birth control pill and the IUD do not prevent conception but attachment of the fertilized egg to the wall of the uterus so it can develop. i.e. they are on a par with the day after pill or in Republican parlance an abortion.

I think there was a plot. First you get no child left behind in and make everyone stupid. Then you reduce politics down to name calling and everyone that is illiterate because they dropped out of school will not check the facts. The Republicans have built the perfect "Brave New World" population. We don't even question that Bush cheated his way into office twice. Or that McCain is on his way to cheating himself into office.

Any decent country would have a revolution.

2 comments:

  1. Just like any poll, or taste-test, or FDA testing, money can skew the results. "Don't like those polls? Buy them off!" Then, they only poll a "certain" few to get the results they want. The polls a few months ago told us that Hillary Clinton was the Democratic candidate...

    I have the worst time NOT paying attention to the polls myself, and am guilty for letting them get to me...that's when I have to get occupied doing something else, get absorbed in the next project...and count the days till November. *laugh*

    I have a friend who swears he's on his way to Barcelona...I tell him, you never know: the third time could be the charm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italy?
    Must be an artistic choice. Surely not a decision based on politics.
    Their's is more corrupt than most including the U.S..

    ReplyDelete