Thursday, March 6, 2008

Don't look at me. I'm lost.


I did not have a lot of time to devote to this yesterday but I did try and watch some of the political pundits make sense out of the March 4th primaries. You remember, those were the ones that Hillary had to win by large margins to stay in the race?

That seems to have changed. She got Ohio which once again had a voting irregularity. I am thrilled about that because Ohio and it's constant voting irregularities has taken a lot of attention off my state of New Mexico and the graveyard vote. She barely squeaked by in Texas primaries and if they ever finish the count (here again I am thrilled with this glitch because no one is looking at New Mexico and how long it took us to count after our super Tuesday caucus) Obama may well have won that one. They split Rhode Island and Vermont. But Hillary seems to be declaring that this all showed buyers remorse and she is the horse to back.

I think it merely shows that when she and the Clinton political machine (Remember Chicago and Mayor Daley? He was good because while he ran things New Mexico was only number two on dirty politics) get rolling on fear mongering they can do it better than the Republicans. I had such hope but clearly that counts for nothing. The Clinton's will snatch the election from Obama and I will be forced to back Hillary if I do not want a third term of George Bush with his stand in, John McCain.

All of which leaves only one question: Where did we go wrong? I wish it was as simple as a wrong turn in Albuquerque. But I greatly fear it was in having hope and once again trying to trust in the process of Democracy. I know it is not a democracy. I know the political system is broken. I know that relief organizations founded to help the poor and uninsured in the Amazon are now doing relief work outside Cleveland. But for just a tiny little minute there I had hope. Damn, I was doing so well without it. I wonder if the Iraqis feel the same?

4 comments:

  1. What I want to know apart from all this, is this: when people are talking about Hillary, they say 'the Clintons'. As far as I know she is running or did I miss something here???? All newscasters, anchors etc.... say 'the Clintons'. Mad! Mad! Mad! As the March Hare. I don't recall any talk of 'the Obamas' or 'the McCains' for that matter!! I feel sorry for you if you have to back Hillary - the thirst for power has her drooling - you can see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, cannot imagine him, the ex-president Clinton, staying out of the situation room. And if you look at the Bush's and now Hillary, if she serves two terms we will have had 28 years under the dynasty of two families. Both the Bushes and the Clinton's are political machines. I personally want a change. But McCain is not a change. He will be the third term of George W if he wins.

    Time to become an expat I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back to the land of the leprechaun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back to the land of the leprechaun!!

    ReplyDelete