Saturday, August 9, 2008

Get Out of My Backyard

Illegal immigrants connected to Mexico's drug cartels are growing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of marijuana in the heart of one of America's national treasures, authorities say. It's a booming business that, federal officials say, feeds Mexico's most violent drug traffickers, reports CNN.

I live in an area surrounded by National Forest. And I understand that the illegal immigrants growing pot is not limited to just this one forest in the story but is rampant in all of the United States National Forests.

Where is our National Guard when we need them to fight this invasion upon our soil? In Iraq fighting a war we should not have been involved in. And meanwhile the Mexican Army is making incursions across our southern border. They claim they didn't know they had crossed it. It is admittedly just a wire fence at the point they crossed but it is clearly marked.

And this is one of the areas where they were suppose to build the wall that was fully funded. It was suppose to be done by May 2008. But this latest pot plantation grown and tended by illegal immigrants was in northern California. Surely there was some indication before there that they had crossed the border?

This is not a racist rant. I just want my country safe. I want to not stumble upon a pot farm with AK47's protecting it when I am out walking my dogs. I want people that do not belong there to get out of my backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment